Wednesday, May 18, 2005

READ THROUGH - London

Gabby: This was an interesting process as not only was it the first time that the actors had all met, but from this point on, there was really no going back.

James: I dashed in late to our one and only read through! It was around a big table at the Directors Guild in Charing Cross Road. We had our four main characters; Mike (Chris Tajah), Nan (Phyliss McMahon), Ann (Selina Giles) and Beth (Jennifer Oliver).

It was a bit daunting to be honest. I had never heard it all read out before. I remember thinking we had a lot of work to do when we left.

Gabby: I remember feeling like a bit of a fraud conducting this read through with these four very competent actors, after all we didn't really know what the hell we were doing or what to expect, and these people had made this commitment to give up their time for our project. I definatley felt the pressure was now on.