Sunday, May 01, 2005

CASTING - DAY 2 - London

James: The Sunday was the quieter of the the two sessions held at the Strongroom Studios in Shoreditch. The most poignant moment of the day was meeting Marius De Vries outside the studio and asking if he could let us in to use the toilet. Gab & I have such style.

Gabby: To be fair, it was me who treatened to pee on Marius' shoes if he didn't open the door quicker, and James who pointed out to me afterwards just who he was. I wondered why James had looked so horrified at the time!

James: I remember seeing Selina Giles and she hadn't prepared a monologue. She chose instead to give a characterisation of Ann. Although I thought it was cheeky, she was good and she became a strong contender for getting the role.

Gabby: Yeah Selina was the last in for the day. James was being held together by tissues and Lemsips, we were both a bit bedraggle after talking about Peppermint for 2 days solid, but Selina seemed like a breath of fresh air. I knew James was keen for her for the role as Ann, but I had my worries that she looked to young for the part. Either way we both knew it was far more complex than this as it would also be a matter of pairing up a believable mother and daughters.