Friday, June 03, 2005

FILMING - DAY SIX - WORCESTER



James: The crew is just myself, Gabs and Larry for the old people’s home section. Carl Edmed and I had sought the location earlier in the week one day after filming. It was too small for much more crew to fit. Speaking for myself, I felt these scenes went down the easiest of everything we shot. Phyliss and Selina really caught the tone between Ann and Nan very well, and I thought they added a dark humour to an obviously tragic relationship.

Gabby: These scenes are all really consistent, so much so in fact that at one point in the edit I laid over Phyllis’ clean sound onto profile shot and the lip sync matches identically. Amazing! I make a school boy error and shoot over the wrong shoulder of Selina for the first scene, which means the two hander wouldn’t have cut together. Thankfully I realise and we do a quick re-shoot. James spends most of this shoot lay under the bed as there is no room for him to stand.

James: It ends up being a half-day, so we take Phyllis and Selina for lunch in Keystones. It felt great to be over the bulk of the filming, and we say goodbye to our Ann and Nan for the last time. The crew get a Friday night to relax, Gab and I try to work out whether we’ll have any school children tomorrow and wonder where we are going to get a character to play Sean’s mum Mary. How prepared we are?!